Any school interested in competing must first sign up as a “school official” on the MSEL website. We recommend you have admin approval before applying.
Note: Please use school email when applying.
Team Approval Process
Your application may take up to 48 hours to process. You will be contacted via email by an HSEL representative when your application has been approved.
Note: We cannot approve your application until you have verified your email address and we have verified your faculty status for the school you are applying for.
Team Page Information
To find your team page, click “Teams” from the left-hand navigation menu once you have logged into your account. From this page you can see your team’s info, add members, create rosters, and access your battle pass inventory.
Note: When you apply, your team is auto created for you. You can edit your team's information via the edit button on the info page. Please do not create a second team unless you are planning on participating in multiple communities.
Adding Members (Middle Schools Only)
- Any student under the age of 13 years old, cannot sign up on our platform. For students under the age of 13 years old, the Customer Success Team will create the student accounts for your middle schools team.
- Once your team is approved, please create a brand new Gmail email account and edit the email address on your MSEL account. You can change the email tied to your account by clicking on your name in the upper right corner of the page and selecting "Settings". On your account settings page, change the email to your new gmail address and press save.
- Please inform your Customer Success Agent of the new email and how many student accounts your school needs. They will create the student accounts and provide you with a spreadsheet with the students login email, password, and generic first and last name.
- These members will be auto added to your members page (they do not need to be invited)
Note: Please do not have your students edit any information once logged in because these accounts cannot contain any personal information and can be reused for different students in future tournaments.
- If your team has more than one advisor, you can invite them by clicking the “+ Add Member” option on your members page.
- Once they appear in your members list, you can then click the three dots to the right of their name and press on “Make Captain”.
Note: Please have any additional advisor sign up as a student and not as a school official. If they sign up as a school official, it will generate an additional school application for your team. Only one school application is needed per school.
Adding Game Connections (students only)
- In order for a student to be added to a roster, they must have a game connection set for that specific game.
- They can access their game connections by selecting “Connect Games” from the left-hand navigation menu. The game connections page will allow the student to view, add, edit, and delete their game connections.
- To add a game connection, they select “Add Game Connection” from the games connection page. From the game connection popup window, they need to select the game they wish to add from the dropdown menu and enter the screen name/gamertag/account name they use on the platform they play that game on.
Note: Please include the numbers included in the Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code if applicable.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select “Teams” and then select your team.
- From here you can select the “Rosters'' tab at the top to access your rosters page. The rosters page shows your roster list and allows you to create, edit, and delete rosters.
- To create a new roster, select the “Create New” button. From here you can name your roster, select what game the roster is for from the dropdown menu and then click on the “Add Members” button to add members to the roster.
- When creating single player rosters, all members playing on the same platform (xbox, ps4, switch, pc, etc) can be added to the same roster. Platform does not matter for crossplay games.
- When creating team based rosters, please place the proper amount of members that the game requires on the roster. You can add substitutes to the roster but members can only be on one roster for a specific game.
Note: If you cannot add a member to a roster it is because that member does not have their game connection set to the game you are creating the roster for.
Registering for Tournaments
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select "Communities", then under the my communities section select “Learn More” on the community you want to access.
- Once on your communities page, click “Tournaments” found under the “sponsored by” section. This will bring you to the tournaments page for your community where you can sort by platform, game, and tournament.
- Click on the tournament you want to register for to be brought to the Competition Overview for that game. From here you can select “Register Now” which will bring up a popup window where you can select the roster you want to register from a dropdown menu and then select “Register Now” again. Congratulations! Your roster is tournament ready!
Note: You can double check on your registration by clicking the “Tournament History” button on the rosters information page. It will show you the tournaments that the roster is currently registered for.